January is already gone. It's been a good start to 2009 so far. The kids are well underway with their school work and there's more sense of a routine around here since the holidays. With all of the people being out of work I am thankful to be working. I guess there is still some job security being in the healthcare field. As long as people are getting sick or injured I'll still be employed. Sounds like a catch 22, I don't like seeing people in those situations but I do like to have a job that pays the bills.
Angie took Kenzie to the Orthodontist today and, as we expected, she will be getting braces soon. I'm not sure if she's looking forward to it or not. We think Amber is next in line very soon. The good news is that they are giving us a family discount since we'll probably be keeping them in business for a while. They are probably thinking, "Recession? Just call the Anders, it's time for one of them to get braces. That should keep our doors open until the economy makes a turn."
Next week we are hoping to attend a conference by Geoffry Botkin (I think I spelled his name right) and we'll try to write about it when we get back. It should be a good time me (Gary) being encouraged and challenged, as well as, Angie and the older girls. The best part is that the conference is just about 9 miles from Fort Benning where my brother is stationed and they are letting us borrow their basement. Not only is that a huge savings on hotel rooms for all 10 of us but we get to have some family time with the cousins as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment