Just wanted to give those interested an update on how everyone is doing and what's been going on lately. This summer has been a pretty good one, I (Gary) have been working a little extra this summer so we haven't taken any trips but we've tried to throw in a few short "stay-cations" here and there. Garrison and I went to the annual Father/Son camp-out and had a good time. We were able to hear Gil Bates teach and had a lot of fun playing in the creek, swinging on the tire swing, and roasting marshmellows. Then Loren, Kenzie, and I went to the annual Father/Daughter camp-out. They had several of their friends and their fathers go as well and they all had a good time.
Ashlynn will be starting a local high school homeschool co-op next week and she's really looking forward to it. She'll be taking several classes such as, poetry, evangelism training, choir, grammer, and Algebra. It's going to be a little different for her but she's pumped up and ready for the challenge. Amber has started 8th grade and enjoys playing the piano quiet a bit. She's been playing so beautifully and improving quickly. Loren is in 7th grade, still wanting a horse some day and active as always. Kenzie, 5th grade, is really growing. She's getting pretty tall and letting her beautiful hair grow pretty long. She's always ready with quick funny comments that keeps us cracking up. Garrison is in 3rd grade now and is growing up to be a fine young man and a great help with his younger siblings. Anna Kate is starting 1st grade and is doing so well reading now. I've been impressed how quickly she's improving. She still loves to dress up and talk, talk, talk. Ryan is a big boy now. Potty trained and putting up a good fight in his wrestling matches with his big brother. His big question to me everyday when I get home is "Did you have a good day today?" He's a lot of fun. Bethany is 2 now and learning more and more sign language. Several of us have been learning but she's the youngest so far learning and it's fun to see her improve. Her favorite things are painted toe nails and fingernails, shoes, dresses, and lipstick (really chapstick). Brooklynn is about 8 months now and is so much fun playing with. She's so cute and chubby.
Angie is starting a new year of homeschooling the children and is staying very busy as usual. We'll have 6 of the children homeschooling this year so she won't have much down time during the days. She is such a help and an encouragement to me by all that she does. I am still working a full-time job and a part-time job as well as taking some classes at Dallas Theological Seminary. I just finished an on-line class this summer on Old Testament History and Poetry with a B+. Next month I'll be starting another Old Testament History class including the prophets. I'll attempt to post things on this blog that I'm learning to hopefully try to share and encourage others with what God is teaching me.
We're beginning another busy season in our family. I pray that we will be faithful to God in everything and give Him the glory for everything. I leave you now with a verse that we've recently memorized.
"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14
2 comments:
You all are going great... This is Michael.. If we get to the place where we are stil in CA we may need some homeshcool advise:) As for yur blogg..Looks great,maybe a few pics each time for the story:)
Tell family hello.. Great job at DTS classes:)
Michael
Love reading your blog. I saw a quote the other day and thought of you. It was...
"God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called."
We are proud of you and your family!
Post a Comment