God always answers prayers. Sometimes it takes a while to see an answer but sometimes we see results pretty quickly. Today was one of those quick answer days for me. Only it wasn't my prayer but Angie's that was answered so quickly. And, for a moment I wished she hadn't had prayed because it was me who was taking the brunt of the answer.
Anyway, here's what God answered. Like a lot of people in this economy, our finances have been somewhat tight (ok, really tight) lately. On the positive side, these tight finances are growing our prayer life and trust on Him for everything. This morning before leaving for work Angie and I were discussing our income and outgo. She said as I was walking out the door that after paying what we could of the bills we had, we'll be living on faith because there were more bills that amounted to more than the upcoming income. As a little side note, I am blessed with a second job to help but it can be very undependable as to how much I work. Sometimes only a couple of days a month. Well, a couple of hours after I got to work I got a phone call from the other job. They asked if I could work Wed., Thur., or Fri. THIS WEEK. Of course I didn't hesitate, I took all three even though that means working 14 hour days three days in a row and the third day of that happens to be our 16th anniversary. I called Angie and asked, "Have you been praying for more work for me?" She said, "I most certainly have!" Well, God answered. I may be crawling home Friday night after those long days but I'm so thankful for the opportunity. This is one step closer to have all those bills paid.
I guess we should never expect God to just hand us what we need (even though He could if He chooses), when He wants to use us in ways that teach us and grow us to depend on Him more as He's providing for us.
I pray that through all of this God will be glorified and that my family will have no doubt that He is always in control and we can trust Him no matter what.
3 comments:
I loved this story, Gary... and a true refreshment of Faith! Angie has "the gift", and you have the "heart". May God continue to Bless your beautiful family in many misterious ways!!!!
Fondly,
Leslie
Hey Dad! I love what your doing with the blog! It looks great! Love you!
-Loren
Gary, you are a great provider and one of the best husbands and dads that I know. God has blessed you in many different ways and he will always be there when you need Him. I will be praying for you and your family. If we can help you guys out in any way, we will be happy to. Let me know, you know where to find me.
Post a Comment